Today, we are announcing the very first online Hackathon for Azure Sentinel! This hackathon challenges security experts around the globe to develop detections, dashboards, tools, integrations, and more to help enterprises better protect, detect, and respond to constantly evolving threats. We invite you to participate in this hackathon for a chance to solve this challenge and win a piece of the $9000 cash prize pool*. This online hackathon runs from May 6, 2020 to July 1, 2020 and is open to individuals, teams, and organizations globally.
Azure Sentinel provides a platform for security analysts and threat hunters of various levels to not only leverage existing content like workbooks (dashboard), playbooks (workflow orchestrations), analytic rules (detections), hunting queries, etc. but also build custom content as needed. Furthermore, Azure Sentinel also provides APIs for integrating different types of applications to connect with Azure Sentinel data and insights. Refer to the following for few examples of end-to-end solutions that unlocks the potential of Azure Sentinel and drives enterprise value. You can discover more examples by reviewing content and solutions in the Azure Sentinel GitHub repo and blogs.
- Monitoring Zoom with Azure Sentinel (example of end-to-end content integration)
- SOC Prime Sigma integration (example of API integration – part 2 of the 3-blog series covers API integration aspects)
- Azure Sentinel2Go lab with pre-recorded data (example of a tool that enables easier onboarding to Azure Sentinel)
In addition to learning more about Azure Sentinel and delivering cybersecurity value to enterprises, this hackathon offers the following awesome prizes for top projects:
- First Place – $5000 USD cash prize plus speaking opportunity at Microsoft Ignite ‘20
- Runner Up – $2500 USD cash prize
- Popular Choice – $1500 USD cash prize
In addition, all the three winning projects will be heavily promoted on Microsoft blogs and social media so that your creative projects are widely known to all. The criteria for judging consist of quality of the idea, value to enterprise and technical implementation. Refer to the Azure Sentinel Hackathon website for further details and get started.
Judging commences immediately after the hackathon submission window closes on July 2nd, 2020. We’ll announce the winners on or before July 24th, 2020. Our judging panel currently includes the following influencers and experts in the cybersecurity community.
- Ann Johnson – Corporate Vice President, Cybersecurity Solutions Group, Microsoft
- John Lambert – Distinguished Engineer and General Manager, Microsoft Threat Intelligence Center
- Maarten Goet – Director of Cybersecurity, Wortell and Microsoft MVP